Head to ‘Settings’, then ‘Chats’. On Android devices turning off ‘Media visibility’ will stop newly downloaded photos and videos from appearing in your phone’s gallery. While on iOS through the same chats menu, selecting the ‘Save to camera roll’ option will let you turn it off.
How do you stop WhatsApp photos saving to your gallery?
To disable the feature, open the WhatsApp app and go to the “Settings” tab. Here, select the “Chats” option. From this screen, tap on the toggle next to “Save to Camera Roll” to turn off the auto-saving feature.
How do I stop WhatsApp from saving photos iPhone?
How to Stop WhatsApp Saving to Your Camera Roll
- Launch the WhatsApp app on your iPhone.
- Tap the Settings icon (the small cog wheel) at the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap Chat Settings.
- Toggle off the Save Incoming Media option so that it no longer shows as green.
Why does WhatsApp save sent photos?
According to WhatsApp, photos are saved so that users can have quick access to their latest photos.
How do you separate photos from WhatsApp to camera roll on iPhone?
How to stop WhatsApp auto-saving media to your iPhone Photos app
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Tap Settings from the bottom right.
- Tap Chats.
- Toggle off Save to Camera Roll.
How do I stop WhatsApp from saving pictures in 2021?
Method 1: Disable Auto-Saving Photos and Videos on Android Open the WhatsApp. Tap on the three-dots, to access Settings. Select Data and storage usage. Under Media auto-download, Deselect all the options such as Photos, Videos, Documents, and Audio for both When using mobile data and When connected on Wi-Fi.
How do I stop WhatsApp media backup?
Part 3: How to Stop backup in WhatsApp on Android Devices?
- Step 1: Go to your WhatsApp settings. To learn how to stop backup in WhatsApp, just open the app on your device, and tap on the three-dot icon from the top.
- Step 2: Stop WhatsApp backup on Android.
How do you separate photos from WhatsApp to camera roll?
- Open the WhatsApp app.
- Tap the three dots in the top right hand corner.
- Select “Settings”
- Tap on the “Chats” menu.
- At the bottom there should be a section called “Media visibility”
- Untick the box next to “Show media in gallery”
Where are WhatsApp photos stored on iPhone?
To stop incoming media from saving to your Photos To stop media from being saved to your Photos, go to WhatsApp > Settings > Chats > turn off Save to Camera Roll.
Does WhatsApp save your photos?
WhatsApp automatically downloads new photos and videos that are sent to you. These are stored on your phone, but can also be saved to your camera roll. An updated version of WhatsApp now gives you more control over what media is stored on your phone.
How do I stop my iPhone from saving photos to my camera roll?
WhatsApp: Here’s How to Stop Photos and Videos From Saving to Your iOS Device
- Step 1: Tap “Settings” in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Tap “Chats.”
- Step 3: Tap the toggle next to “Save to Camera Roll” to stop the app from automatically saving the photos and videos you receive to your camera roll.
How do I separate photos on my iPhone?
Just follow these steps:
- Open Photos on your iPhone and iPad.
- Tap the Library tab.
- Tap Days or All Photos.
- Tap Select.
- Tap on photos that you want to add to an album.
- Tap the Share button on the bottom left corner..
- Tap Add to Album or Add to Shared Album.
- Tap on the album to which you’d like to add your photos.
How do I manage my WhatsApp pictures on iPhone?
- Step 1: Launch WhatsApp and tap on Settings at the bottom. Tap on Data and Storage Usage.
- Step 2: Tap on Storage Usage at the bottom.
- Step 3: Tap on the contact whose pictures you want to delete. Tap on Manage at the bottom of the next screen.
- Step 4: Keep the Photos option checked.